What Does a Speech-Language Pathologist Do?
Speech-language pathologists (SLPs) evaluate a patient’s speech, language, cognitive, communication and swallowing skills in order to diagnose a speech disorder.
The SLP will likely evaluate the following categories:
- Understanding and use of different words.
- Correct use of words incorrectly formed sentences.
- Use of language for different purposes.
- Pronunciation of speech sounds.
- Physical ability to produce speech.
- Voice quality.
- Fluency or smooth flow of speech.
- Fine motor skills.
Midwest ENT Centre will provide you with a referral to a local speech-language pathologist for an evaluation if needed.Call Midwest ENT Centre at (636) 441-3100 for more information or to schedule an appointment.